Sign in to follow this  
IWANTASTORM

VR6 guide wanted

My car is for sale in the trader this week and once it goes I am loking for a late :!: vr6 (preferably STORM). I want to know as much about the corrado as possible, does anybody know of a buyers guide on the net. I want to know things such as spec changes (ie did the heater contrals change at some point?), proof of genuine storm, service intervals, common problems. Any good sites or books I should look at?

Thanks

Ian

PS IN glasgow if anyone knows a suitable car for sale

My car is for sale in the trader this week and once it goes I am loking for a late :!: vr6 (preferably STORM). I want to know as much about the corrado as possible, does anybody know of a buyers guide on the net. I want to know things such as spec changes (ie did the heater contrals change at some point?), proof of genuine storm, service intervals, common problems. Any good sites or books I should look at?

Thanks

Ian

PS IN glasgow if anyone knows a suitable car for sale

There's lots of useful info buried in various threads on this forum :) :D

Try doing a few searches with various combinations of "storm AND VR6 AND buying" or "storm AND guide" etc. etc. etc. Also some good general VR6 buying advice and specific storm things to look for from vr6storm - have a search for his messages with "buying" etc. in them :D

As for proof of genuine storm - I think VW customer service on 0800 711 811 can confirm this from the chasis number.

(PS - before you ask - I was looking for a storm myself back in Feb. - hence the stormseeker bit - but none came up that weren't silly money and I bought a "storm spec." VR6 anyway that was in absolutely mint condition for reasonable money!)

edit: just did a quick search myself look at these threads... to get you started :D

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewto ... orm+buying

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewto ... ight=storm buying

I'm down in LArgs and i am sure there was one for sale in the Stevenston area- it was in Autotrader.

Not sure if it is still there

Cheers

Paul

vr6paul2003, Yeah you are right a really nice one in Ardrossan 7k,low mileage service history etc.Worth the money if thats what you want. :lol: 8)