Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

Porsche Cup Split Rims...

OK, like the ones Biggerbigben has on his car, and the ones PhatVR6 had for sale - the ones Phat had for sale were 18's, do they come in 17's? Sorry for the ignorance.

The ones on Biggerbigben's car were originally 24V Renshaws and were 17's. However I believe he had to have the outer rims custom mode I believe. They certainly were not standard.

yeah they are available in 17's very rare took me nearly 2 years to find them and had the outer rims changed, just can wait to get them on :D

Dammit. I aint waiting years for a set!

Hmm......may get me some Merc rms in the future then.....

are yours sided blue_joe? when I looked into replica porker wheels I couldnt get sided ones, and that put me off. They really do suit the C though.

No you can;t get them sided. I think that they aren't sided on porsches are they????

edit: Looking at Biggerbigbens which are genuine porsche - they aren't sided!

edit2: Looked at a few porsches aswell and that show definatly not sided on originals. Didn't think they were as would make costs too high!

No you can;t get them sided. I think that they aren't sided on porsches are they????

edit: Looking at Biggerbigbens which are genuine porsche - they aren't sided!

pretty sure they are IIRC they were designed to cool the brakes on the 993 TT....as there is a right way and wrong way of putting them on the car

Blue_Joe, Look at Jay Renshaws 24V... the Corvette wheels ARE sided, so I don't see why Porsche wouldn't side their wheels if Chevvy can do it...

I'm with Rodders in thinking that the 993TT WERE sided...

well Blue Joe.......it appears you are correct!!!.........spoke to someone who knows of these things and he told me they fit either side.........i think i was thinking of poor quality replicas that came out in the mid-90's that had the design "ar5e about face".....well thats my story and i'm sticking to it :wink:

i just cant work out why sams look 1000x better than the pic above :?

I think you'll find it's because they look like the 5x100 stud pattern that they do them in, whereas I went for original porsche fitment of 5x130 as I think the studs on 5x100 look too close together on these wheels!

well Blue Joe.......it appears you are correct!!!.........
At last I'm right about something car trivia - I normally get proved wrong!!!!!

they aren't sided

there was a set for sale at bug jam for £300, I didn't have any cash on me.....gutted or what!