Sign in to follow this  
kenc

Azev's are on BUT.......

Got a 94 2.0 16v raddo, car has standard suspension set up i.e shocks,springs,bushes etc (for now). Ive fitted a set of 17" Azev A 7.5j wide with new Avon 205/40/17 tyres. The wheel's were brought from off the forum. And I believe billingjahg60 ? had them b4 the previous owner and he tells me they were designed with correct offset. And with 4's up the rear n/s (passenger side) wheel has a tendancey to rub/scrape. The car sits like a 4x4 and is scrapping so I dread to think what the car will be like once I slam it on coilovers.

The car is straight i.e never been recorded in an accident and shows no signs of being in a rear schunt.

Is this common on raddo's for 1 side to rub ?

Only cure I can think of is getting the arches rolled.Which I intended to do in the summer with a fresh coat of paint.

I had the Azev a's on mine and they used to rub on the passenger side and would knock when turning right sharply. my car wasnt lowered at the time.

Sorry i cant be of more help.

just cos u lower it wont necessarily make it rub anymore as the suspension will be stiffer,it might rub now cos its so wallowy with to much travel?

also check the state of your rear axle bushes... they may well not be helping the situation... ;)

yeqah they rubbed a bit on mine but not with yokos as they hasd a slightly more stretched look, i had roled arches as well, those azevs are an et 30 iirc so they sit nicer but the trade off is the occaisional rub.