Sign in to follow this  
monVR6

Inline Octane Booster

I have a copy of Practical Performance Car and there is an advert for an inline octane booster from a company called Formula Power. Apparently, it fits into your existing fuel line and - without any adjustment, converts 95 RON fuel to 100! It says it comes with a 100K mile guarantee - and costs around £60 for up to 3.5 litre engines.

Anyone heard of this? Any good?

Surely this would be no different to chucking a load of octane booster in your petrol tank?

You can get a sack of pellets to put in the fuel tank too!

I got one of the in-line yokes because I heard some pretty good feedback from some others who had used them! It was fitted when I was doing a load of service work on the car, so obvioulsy it drove better after that, so I cant really compare what effect the octane booster had :roll:

Steve_16v (from Dublin) fitted one of the in-tank ones and said he could deffo feel the difference in his car though! :?:

I also find that putting a large vinyl stripe down the side of my car also makes it go faster.

Ooh and don't forget to get one of those "turbo whistles" at the same time.