Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

SLK32 AMG supercharger INSTALLED PICS!!!!!!!! last page!!!!!

And to think it runs on nothing but tap water¬ :)

Seriously, looks good mate. You seem to have put a shed load of work into that - fair play.

speaking of the tap water thing, its just HHO gas, water molecules realign easier to do with an HHO generator that costs 7k, they work much more efficiently than the silly cell.

took it to a mass spec at school.

but it will run an engine, so will using compressed air.

just interested to know how your finding the Lysholm, what kind of boost are you seeing, i loved my autorotor for the small amount of time I had it running and always wondered what a larger capacity one would be like, is it ok a low revs with the capcity being so large, doent it use quite a bit of HP to drive it ?

speaking of the tap water thing, its just HHO gas, water molecules realign easier to do with an HHO generator that costs 7k, they work much more efficiently than the silly cell.

took it to a mass spec at school.

Funny that - remember this from about 6 months ago, and another post...

Do you have any friendly chemists at your college who would be willing to run a mass spec for you potatonet? Once you've got your cell bubbling away it would be a simple task to siphon off a bit of the gas produced in to a tube and get a mass spec run on it which would tell you just what it is.

Good to see you got your charger working though, looks really smart :wink:

oh it runs excellently. right now I have it limited to 17 psi but I am bleeding off quite a bit.

Im kinda lazy and dont have my 30# injectors in yet. need to silence the damn thing first. but it hauls some serious ass, air coming out of FMIC is pretty damn cold.

hmmm other than that there isnt much to it. I only turn the thing on when I hit a stop light onto the freeway or when I feel like getting my ass handed to me at low speeds. the boost is much more effective from 0 - 70, when it hits 90 it becomes effective again, dont know why that range sucks though.

this is why I am very close to adding a decently sized turbo to the equation. keeps the boost coming and I can turn the supercharger off at high speeds to increase performance. havent fully decided on it yet though. just because it would be a pain in the ass to pipe.

other than that Im happy, I will get it dynoed with full boost in a few months but am not looking forward to throwing 20+ psi into my engine.

I still find this entire thing hard to believe because it looks as if u just put this charger on, moded ecu ic blah blah, did u do any internal stuff cause that head is dirty as hell there is no way someone did anything to it and left it dirty like that so I'd imagine the block hasn't been taken apart at all, 360 stock internals hmmmmm do u have any videos of this thing in action?

Looks like a nice bit of work...but 360 is a bit hard to believe. Until I see actual numbers off a legit dyno...its going to be hard one to swallow. :drinking:

yes I have taken the head apart, too many times for my liking. I left it dirty like that because I lived on a gravel road and minor amounts of oil would get on the head and then cause a real mess, recently its been dirty because I havent got my PCV valve worked into a catch tank & its a PCV from a golf since we have no corrado's here in the US to take parts from, or approx 18000 across the US.

only thing left stock on the car are the rods. Im changing those as fast as I can, I have to deal with my current engine trouble first.

no its not 360 I was ambitious, its about 245 @ wheels for hp and 275 for torque, you cant really trust those G-force meter things tho.

when I get the damn thing running again I will make a video for you.

and my valve cover was glass beaded so I just spray some brake kleen on it and voila, good as new.

It is not to late, to post a Website over the Rebuild a G60 on Kompressor.Especially AMG SL 320 Kompressor.

http://www.willyswerkstatt.de.tl

or

http://www.willyswerkstatt.de.tl/Umbau-auf-AMG-Kompressor.htm

There is also a Report about a 16V 9A with a Roush M90 Supercharger. http://www.willyswerkstatt.de.tl/Umbauprojekt-Kampfhamster.htm

Please post your Opinions about this.