Sign in to follow this  
DannyBwoy

central locking

Hi

I am interested to know if anyone has ever had to fix their central locking? The car should have it but the main mechanism is missing. Does anyone know how much this might cost to buy, and could i fix it myself or would i be best letting someone else do it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

:lol:

Hi

Yeah, i am looking to buy a G plate 1.8. Its a lovely car (pearl blue with black leather, 75k on cloack) but there are a few 'niggly' things wrong, one of them being the central locking (if you hadnt already guessed)

The guy said the 'pump' was missing but that it should have central locking. any ideas?

Cheers

i'm not 100% sure if that had cl to be honest , butan easy check to see if he's right is to open the boot and pull the carpet back on the right hand side panel and you should see all the connections there

if it is just the pump ,iirc (try a search) you can either get another c one or use an audi 100 pump which are supposed to be quieter

The guy did pull back the carpet to check and said that all the rest of the stuff was there except the pump, so i am guessing that it will have had it at some point.

easy job? or pain in the arse?

cheers

if thats all it is then its just plug an play mate , suspicious that its not there though, maybe suggests another problem or not ?

although they have been known to get stuck on so the pump continually runs and burns out ,so hopefully a new pump would sort it

hth

cheers mate

Helps a lot. looking to buy my first C and this is a really nice one, just a few bits to sort out if i go for it.

Also, the front mud gaurd under the near side wheel arch is missing, are these easy to pick up?

Cheers

always people breaking rado's mate, just check the for sale forum out, there will always be bits to do on a 10yr + old car ,part of the fun :joker2:

Okies, thanks mate.

You dont think that central locking, the mud gaurd and sunroof not working properly is a lot to have to sort out then as i can see these as the only things actually wrong with it?

Cheers

the sunroof is a pia , 50% of people on here can only tilt and not slide tbh, the wing liner and pump wont be expensive (providing it is only the pump )

those faults wouldnt bother me , especially with the other plus points , leather, good miles and a good colour