Sign in to follow this  
Tom B

G60 oil sump help required!

Right guys,

I've managed to get my sump off which wasn't too much of a problem, but when I took the plate off the gearbox a a black rubber strip fell out wth it.

Can anyone tell me what it is and where it goes? It's starting to get dark and cold so quick help would be really appreciated!

Cheers,

it sits on top of the bell housing plate like a seal.. its the plate thats held on with the 2 11mm bolts. there should be a cut out in the plate for this to sit into also

Nice one, thanks Darren! :D

Right, whats the bet I get under the car and someone turns up in my driveway?

Well I've given up for today. I might even give up full stop.

The sump doesn't want to go on properly, all it wants to do is cross-thread bolts and not line up right. I really hate cars, especially this one. Despite kicking the thing repeatedly and having a cigarette, I'm still severly fucked off with it.

Anyone want a G60? They can take it.

LOL - Classic case of Corrado Fever! Don't give up, get her back on the road and enjoy it.. it's allways worth it! :)

No reason it should be difficult. Just get all the bolts started before you tighten any all the way. That way you can move the sump about a bit when necessary.

Gavin

Are you fitting a new sump Tom? If not I wonder if it's warped...

As Gav says, start them all off and move it about to settle.. if its not on yet then screw a bolt (preferably new) into each hole with a bit of WD40 to clean the threads, that should make it easier...

Thats what I've been trying to do and its not working. That said, it's been a long day and I was very frustrated so there's a chance on a clear head tomorrow that I can fix it.

The sump and gasket is a new ECP item.

if your still hacked off with it, ill remove it from your driveway FOC and the sump will no longer be a problem!!

Well I'm that annoyed with it I'm putting off finishing it right now! :D

Oh and I've just bought some sick wheels for the Polo, whilst trying to find some G60 BBS's.

Well I got it on by using a rubber mallet to knock the bolt holes to the right place.

I'm just waiting for a mate to come round with a torque wrench. Once I've got that on and fixed a few leaks I'll change the filter and get it running.

All SHOULD (but probably won't) be well very soon.

I'm just waiting for a mate to come round with a torque wrench

The scale will need to be quite low as I think these only need doing up to 10 or 12Nm IIRC!

Yeah I've got it written down in the garage.

He hasn't arrived with it yet, so I'll keep my fingers crossed it goes that low!