Sign in to follow this  
selbekk

bonnet stuck

Okay, first of all, I've tried search, but I couldn't find that nice topic I once saw about this, so...

Well, my car just stopped idling one day, and wouldn't start afterwards either. Lovely, isn't it?

Well, anyways, I need to get the hood up, and I've got it up once with the "pull latch and push down"-method. Now, when I eventually get it up again, how do I fix it? Do I have to replace the whole cable, or can it be adjusted? It pops up on one side, but not on the other. A couple of weeks ago, I tried to close my hood, but the passenger side wouldn't quite close. Do you think it's time for chrome poppers? :D :D :D

One love, thanks for all help, and a link to that thread I talked about would be greatly appreciated also.

Ive got a similar problem. The drivers side latch is sticking. If I spray it with white lithium grease, it'll open once. But I have to do it every time, and I dont always have grease around. I always get it open with some jerking and wiggling shile someone hold the handle and everything "seems" to be working properly(obviously its not). Ive been driving around with my hood partially latched for a week now as Im having trouble with my charging system and keep needing to jump the battery. Someone help...please.

Slant, my drivers side was sticking. Used the "seat belt" trick to open the bonnet a few times. I also sprayed the springs with white grease, it does help but doesn't cure the problem

Then I took some of the slack out of the release wire by moving the securing bolt on the passengers side along a bit

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... 747#401747