Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

Brakes engage earlier than they used to

I took the storm for a long drive on Tuesday (long = 300 miles round trip) - when i started the return journey i noticed after a while the brakes were engaging much quicker than before - normally the pedal would travel a while before they would start to bite.

To be honest now they feel better and more how id expect them to be - but should i be worried that the brake biting point (if there's such a thing) has now come higher up?

Its not been changed during my three months of ownership and i dont think its been changed for a few years [i'll check the service history]. Not been done recently though.

Maybe the long journey freed one of the caliper pistons off a bit?

I often find the brakes improve on long journeys as the pads get a chunky bit of heat in them. Shouldn't worry too much about it tbh. Enjoy the improvements while they last! :-)

Also, may have removed glazing off the surface of the pads. Depends how the shorter braking runs are done. Frequent light braking in driving locally sometimes a good hard sharp braking stop just to sharpen up and remove glazing.

Alternative is that the pads fitted are fast road or similar and need to really warmed up to get the best out of them.