Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

4WD CORRADO G60?

had a bit of a strange dream last night,i dreamn't that i had my g60 converted to 4wd :D has this been done to a g60?or is it just the engine conversion boys who've converted to 4wd?i really fancy the idea and would like as much info has possible(like is it worth doin)

i'm not bothered about changin the engine and want to keep the g60,so come on peeps share your knowledge,cheers

had a bit of a strange dream last night,i dreamn't that i had my g60 converted to 4wd :D has this been done to a g60?or is it just the engine conversion boys who've converted to 4wd?i really fancy the idea and would like as much info has possible(like is it worth doin)

i'm not bothered about changin the engine and want to keep the g60,so come on peeps share your knowledge,cheers

Yes it has, can't remember the guy's name that did it, user name was something like GT-G60, was based in either Ireland or Isle of Man and posted on the corrado mailing list.

There was also Jason Hourigan who made a 16V-G60 with 4WD.. it was quite a machine. Some of the stuff he did might be applicable to a G60 syncro conversion?

He emigrated to Australia and took the car with him but I believe he does check in here very occasionally - his forum name is G60JAY.

I remeber chatting to him at Inters years ago. I was aamazed by the attention to detail in the engine bay, it looked factory! i didn't even know it was 4WD back then!

Yeah he was a smart guy.. incredibly modest too! Met him up at Santa Pod one year and had a very quick look at his car. Very subtle, nothing to really give it away... and as you say, very factory looking!

Don't necessarily need a Rallye, just find a golf syncro,they'd be a damn site cheaper to pick up and you wouldn't be taking another Rallye off the road!

A 4wd corrado is a lovely dream. I'd wonder if I'd wanna do it to a g60 though.

r32 engine+supercharger and running gear :D mmmm

true but i'm one for keepin the g60 engine,don't ask me why,it just feels right :lol:

but that was one of my questions,is it worth doin with the g60 engine?

if i was gonna do an engine conversion i reckon i'd grab one of these cheaper rados that seem to be kickin about at the mo(which needs alot of work doin to it)an start from scratch

Well you could get 300bhp from a g60.. Its how long it lasts for I'd worry about. Alot of work is involved in that too.

I'm with you though, I'm not up for losing my engine. Love her to bits.

I think the g60 engine is so much fun. I could kiss a german right now!

syncro is no good. floor pan is the same, but the parts aren't.

syncro has a rod change box, which can't handle 300bhp. not saying the 02c rallye box can, but it's a dman sight stronger! as is the rear dif, VC, rear wheel bearings are bigger, disc brakes, thicker ARB etc etc

PhatVR6, is there any other options as there doesn't seem to be many rallyes around(breakin or cheap)or is it just the matter of watchin an waitin!!

its only a dream for now but like to plan ahead :lol:

The alternative is buy all the bits new from VW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a long in Germany. A lot more doners there. Syncro Passats are really cheap. Don't matter if the motor or charger is blown.

http://www.mobile.de

Gavin

If your gonna go 4by do it right! Get your self a land rover and make a monster truck corrado? Just a thought? I like the idea!! :wink:

g60greenys current corrado ride height would suggest he already has a 4x4!

*runs