Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

4WD CORRADO G60?

Find a crash damaged rallye it should be illleagal to cut up a perfectly good rallye theyre gorgeous. But seriously though it sounds like an intresting project you have in mind

DANG60, i've got no intentions of destroyin a mint rallye(i'd rather just drive it about)but i will be on the look out for a fecked up one(not to fecked)when i've re-arranged my finances,was going to get me an s4 but now thinkin of spending some dollars on the G and gettin a cheap thrash about :lol:

I remember someone in the US building a 4WD Corrado G60 years back, I think it was even before the VR6 was launched.

Of course, prior to the Corrado launch we were all told that the "V6 Corrado" was going to have a narrow-angle revolutionary V6 engine (correct) and be 4WD to handle the power (incorrect!).

Showing my age now...! :)

Personally I wouldn't make a g60 4wd. Seems like a waste of time and money. Maybe there are a couple, but I can't imagine there being too many g60's out there running at 300bhp! If you were changing the lump or putting a SC on vr6 then yeah I can see the point, but not when your keeping the bhp around the 200 mark. The front wheels can handle it fine IMO

I agree with the above in that you would be better off fitting a LSD as it's much more cost effective. By fitting a 4wd system your car will not only weigh more but there are also more driveline loses. It's worth it if you have 300+hp but with 200/250 it's not.

Unless of course you are not doing it for performane issues but for just having something different. Like me :D .

Jay

god I hate that 'driveline loss' statement.

What about the other advantages? massive grip in all directions, better suspension setup on the rear etc etc.

Also Phats mk4 r32 had driveline losses of 38 bhp at stealth. Where as haywires was somewhere in the region of 45bhp? (correct me if I am wrong there kev). Although haldex was unplugged its still spinning the transferbox and the prop and the haldex clutch plates.