Sign in to follow this  
lottysvdub

front suspension not right

hi guys i need your help again !! . ive got a 2ltr 16v rado which i havent owend very long , the problem i have is when the vehical is jacked up there is about 2inchs of movement in the top mount of the strut , the car has koni adjustsble struts and uprated springs , ive got two new top mounts but im not sure if they are going to fit the struts . ive not had a chance to drop the struts out yet but when you look up to the top of the strut it looks like there no top mount fitted or if there is it looks completely different to the new ones , if any one can help it would be appreciated as i really would like to stop the stuts moving as me wheels are rubbing on the inner arches on full lock and it makes your head hurt if you drive over anything bigger than a slippery slug .

thanks guys and gals :iamwithstupid:

Hmmm... need a pic really...

Sounds like the TM's are knackered tho (probably not changed with the suspension when fitted) - they may look different as the top plate that you can see under the bonnet is not part of the mount, you swap that over...

i will try to strip them out tomorrow and take a picture of the strut , im not sure how long this suspension has been on the car ,it looks pritty old and to be honest i think later this year i will replace it all again when the moneys avilable from the bank of no funds known as my wife !!!! , it would be good if anyone could help me out with a exploded picture of the strut assembly so i could see how the components are put together , im a little concered that the previous owner may have worked for john wayne autos and may have left some thing out as the amount of play is about the same as the hight of the top mounts that i have . cheers guys i really appreciate your help. :notworthy:

:cheers: what can i say mate your a super star , the picture is a great help and will surely help me out with my pridicament , could i possibly ask were you managed to get the piccy from ?as im finding it hard to get any type of info on the corrado , it all seems to be mixed in with golf ,passat and vento .

again thanks for your help :notworthy: