Sign in to follow this  
aposegil

Dilema yet another bump on road :( to being sold

well today was meant to be a good day

get the car through MOT and slap on some road tax

so yesterday prepped the car put standard rear lights back on (red one indicators where to red) put my battery back in and started the car run well no prob

so woke up early this morning get ready to go and nothing

car wont start etc and i notice Clifford light out (as I left it in valet mode)

thinking bloody hell battery drained quick so tried jump starting it again nothing

so ok lets go through all the fuses nothing they are all fine everything getting power as it should be

well after a long day of testing etc and trouble shooting it comes down to the Clifford Brain decided to lock itself (they can do that when it feels the sudden change in current to stop thief’s walking off with ur pride)

anyhow where hoping one last trick works which where going to do tomorrow if not leaves me with a situation

now I was prepared to road tax and mot the car as I believe for the price im asking should be drivable but now with this if I need to get it sorted means more money im shedding out

I cant take it off as they I cant lock the doors (they not key operated)

and all honesty this car does need a alarm

so what do I do throw in the towel and go with my original idea of breaking her or do I go the extra expense and fix the alarm issue

what u guys think?

ring your local clifford dealer.

mine did that, they came out, bypassed the immobiliser and took the main unit away and sent it off to clifford for unlocking. all I have to pay was £10 postage to get it back, .

lock your doors from the inside and climb out of the boot.

if you haven't got a boot lock, fit one.

didnt know u could do that, what the feck is it that makes it lock up?

also no need to be so smart mate only a idiot removes the rear boot lock when u dont have door locks like me due to the audi handles

and two if i wasnt able to lock it now u recon it would be outside?

lucky for me it sleeps with my dads merc in a heated garage so i cant complain

for an immobiliser, just take the ECU or fuel pump relay with you whenever you leave the car.

as for being an idiot, well, thats's me.....to finish off the sage of my alarm and the above situation, what I didn't realise was that the alarm had been totally result to it's factory defaults....one of which is an anti-hijack thing, it locks the doors wheneve you start the engine.

now, when i found this out, what I'd donr (don't ask me why) was start the engine with the door open, then got out, shut the car door (it was raining) and opened the garage door. returned to the car and....you guessed it. I'm locked out....the engine is running, the only set of keys and keyfob are in the ignition, and it starts to hailstone......

I rang the clifford dealers and went ballistic at them for not telling me it'd lock my doors. dickheads.

I ended up having to smash the boot plinth off (mk2 golf) and use a bit of bend wire to pull the wiring for the boot solenoid through the hole in the tailgate. and the break the grille (rallye....) so I could pop the bonnet, and run a wire fromt he battery to the solenoid to pop the boot.

a feat made even more panic inducing because my fan swithc wasn't working.....and the engine was getting hotter and hotter all the time, as I was getting wetter and wetter.

I was midly agitated....

damm, see this is why i always leave myself a something just incase

got to say, i have been with Amit (rado16v on here) when he got his vr and we went somewhere and whilst showing the engine off to a mate, he accidently reved the car past 3000rpm, u can guess it two hours later car still running and 2nd set of keys collected form his house and droped off

but then ive done alarm in another mate car, which has no locks etc but weve left a device u connect two 9A batteries and they will pop the doors open no matter what

whats revving it over 3000rpm got to do with it?

you should really use commas, I can barely understand what you're on about!

u and another 10 people i know lol

honestly i prob just do it as

Rolling shell with doors boot and wing suspension and brakes

Engine gear box ecu intercooler etc

Leathers and interior trim

Wheels

Exhaust system

etc

as ive just broken a vento and still got loads of parts about and more of a pain if u break it up into so many little pieces

but then i really dont want to go down that road

lol, no - not me. I can't say I'd enjoy climbing through the boot enough to remove my door locks!

I know what you mean about breaking cars. I'm surrounded by the remains of three 8v GTIs and have been for a few years now. Soon gonna be skip time.

well in honesty ive only had to do it twice in 5 years

otherwise because it sleeps in a garage im lucky i leave the windows down bonnet up etc not that bothered

if your car was my car, i would get a new alarm as your car is a beauty. but if you do end up breaking it ? can i have first shout on the leathers. :wink:

lol thanx mate but this thread is not about reserving bits for people if it does come to that again there will be a different thread

just incase anyone missed that important word

Yip grammar is questionable Paul!

It's silly to go to all the effort of breaking a nice car for the sake oof it, just get the alarm fixed for god's sake!

Chris

woh my spelling poor maybe i should go update my spool checker :roll:

as for, its "such a shame to break a nice car" well its my decision people done it for less on here and in the end of the day im not going to throw more money into it still got MOT and TAX to get for it unless you know someone thats going to pay my price without those things?

its just had a recon charger full service, including new sensors for engine, fluids change etc to justify the price but as ive not really had any serious enquiries and i know its "wrong time of the year" i dont think comes true with my class of car where the potential owner will have the money when ever for the right car, i know ive been there when i bought my car.

if you dont have a good interesting point keep it to urself as im not interested in cheap shots at my decision thank you

you know what mods lock this up as people cant read

ive already said this thread is not about reserving parts for people just advise but seems no one can follow that

why do i ever bother :roll: