Sign in to follow this  
flusted

Audi door handle conversion

Thinkin of doin the above and i have a pair of doorsfrom said audi.Is it relativly easy? (remembering i have de-handled my passenger side!)

Anyone got pics or info?

Thanks in advance

no this has never been done before... ever :D

what audi handles do you have? You obviously gotta cut out the handles from the audi door, weld it nicely in place on your rado, and find some way to connect it to the original corrado door mechanism. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a weld-in kit than cutting up two doors tho?

My C is going doen to JMR to have the Audi A6 delocked flush handle conversion done at the end of the month. I got the aboue kit from Richard at Venom. After speaking to John ( who has done 3 or 4 of these conversions now) The only things you need to make up are the rods which connect within the door to mate up with the mech. Cost wise you are looking at £125 for handle and plate kits £250ish for cutting,inserting platework, welding and then respraying door pus £150 for the sprip sown and making up of the rods and fitting all back togesther. Give 16vG60 a PM .

Right then,doors cost me nothin as they are from the audi i just took the 2l engine out of,been quoted £25 to weld em in and il fill and spray em! BARGAIN!

ok all depends what door handles ur doing

Ive got A6 handles on mine and as far as i know i was the 2nd car in the uk to do it (Tom supercharged Vr had it first)

any how i know of no probs with the early door handles but with the late style like mine if you dont get it right as the gap is tight first time u put ur window up u will shatter happen to a few people i know

I know John (16vg60) is getting it right as we had a good talk about mine and ive had no problems at all

as for pics have a look at my sig

why not jus have a solenoid behind the door handle so instead of pulling you jus tap it with yr finger,,, wouldnt it make life a lot easier...

sort of,got a solenoid,just couldnt see best way to mount,and also i have to get my little'n in passenger side

Im using the audi 80 1s.Chris aka cheesy had a6 handles about 2years ago

thats cool just take ur time making sure u get them both perfect i.e gaps etc

yep remember cheesy's c corrado when it came out ;) mine had them for about 4 years now as it was about a year i had the car someone tried to nick it and it the only way i could think off that would stop people nicking my car without breaking a window

FurkiG60 - not really mate very simple to make up "the arm" ive actually did a touch so u can only open my car a certain so that if im sitting at lights no one can open my door without me asking them lol ;)

the kits still dont have the linkages they are in effect just what you have.

ha! You;ve done audi handles too?

the kits still dont have the linkages they are in effect just what you have.

ha! You;ve done audi handles too?

there worth every penny. Work sooo much better than the factory poop.

A20 LEE, If done properly..

My friend bought some doors pre-done, and he seems to have some minor problems with one door.