Sign in to follow this  
TITAN

Spoiler

Can anyone help!! my spoiler was seized so i stripped it all down lube the and freed off cable wired the motor up to a battery and all working fine. refitted it wired it all up but dose not work of the switch i have left it at this as i ran out of time not looked at it since ,So wat is the next step?? fuse ? check feed to switch ??? Thanks !! :mad:

I'd of checked the fuse first I reckon! Then check the switch. :)

EDIT: Does it work automatically?

If you do a search its fuse number 16 that may have blown, this has been discussed shed loads of times as mine is still not working by manual or auto, next check is power getting to motor and the motor for me.

Thanks ill check this. When you say is it working automatic do u mean when the car hit the right speed? and manual when you can winde it down yourself? or from the switch?

Thanks

I believe he means by switch. If you can't wind it down manually, something is seriously wrong with the mechanism. Try to switch the spoiler control box with a friend's, perhaps that can be the problem. Check for corrosion on the contacts, and if there is good contact between the loom and the control box.

No i can move the spoiler with the winder .ok thanks for all your help ill keep u updated

Cheers all :lol:

what if youve crashed and its stopped working due to that. Bumped front pass corner of car. not that bad. When i got home i made sure it worked. Was able to put it up using the switch, but it wouldnt go back down. Now it doesnt work automatically either. If the fuse is ok, what next?

Is it possible for the shock of the crash blowing something???

If the fuse is ok then is poss somthing els because the fuse will make a the connection and also you say the switch lets u put it up but not down so not a blow fuse. i need to check mine fuse and switch plus am going to

get a test light and go through the system. :!:

Right sorted it after fitting it all back, fuse was blow fitted new fuse work s fine. thanks for all your help

Cheers.