Sign in to follow this  
dubster82

Thought it'd be rude not too....

Not as much adapting as i thought i would. a lot of cutting of welds. nuthin a grinder and a welder cant handle. i could probably strip it down again and re-build my Corrado seat back up again actully.

I'll do the drivers side when i get another set of seats because alas, even though most every show car has them, the aint makin it into my C. Had them for a whille too, but did that. and changed my mind!!!! Std. seats are going back in. Just got too find a set....

Let me guess Brian...they sit too high?

It happens...I have a similar problem with fitting the Mk4 Recaros into a Mk3 Golf...the Ford seats look good but simply don't work without a complete re-design...not if you are over 5'6" anyway.

Best get hold of a set of Mk2 or Corrado Recaros to avoid the height problems.

Never mind...nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say...at least you've tried. They did look good though!

As long as you put the Ford seats onto Corrado or Scirocco subframes, they do not sit too high. I know because I have a set of full leather Sapphire Cossie recaros in my mk2 Golf.....and I'm 6'1"... 8)

Oh, and they'll be for sale soon if anyone's interested?...

Let me guess Brian...they sit too high?

Correct!!! Well, for my liking anyway, but i set my seat to its lowest for my back and its not that much higher, if i set my STD. seat up a bit, they'd of been a good fit.

Best get hold of a set of Mk2 or Corrado Recaros to avoid the height problems

I initially thought that but i've been studying as much pics as i can find and i dont think there is much difference in height. I think i was in a Corrado with Recaros and remember that they didn't goo as low as STD. seats too. :S - could be wrong tho.

nothing ventured, nothing gained

Well this is it Glen, at least i can say i did it!

As long as you put the Ford seats onto Corrado or Scirocco subframes, they do not sit too high

These arent really too high, they're just too high for my liking, higher than STD can go. Because i did strip down my Corrado seat and weld them onto the subframes after cutting off a section of the Recaro too. So like Ess Three says, to get them lower, a rework as needed. :mad:

Hans G60.nl, Think they may of made it into an astra too, but these are Ford Fiesta versions. Same as MKII golf seats bar the Ford ones have the extension that slides out to support your legs. From the pics i've seen, they are the same except the headrest to RS2's too. The Recaro headrest on the seats i have are also a better match for the rear headrests in my opinion.

As long as you put the Ford seats onto Corrado or Scirocco subframes, they do not sit too high. I know because I have a set of full leather Sapphire Cossie recaros in my mk2 Golf.....and I'm 6'1"... 8)

Well that just depends...as dubster82 says...they are too high for his liking...and mine....and he used the Corrado subframes as far as I'm aware.

But there again...you're a bit of a short arse!! :lol:

Those of us at 6'3" and over will not be able to even get into the car with the Ford Recaros in.

Each to their own...but like dubster82, I prefer the seat to be as low as possible...and the Ford Recaro option just doesn't wash.

Supercharged, yeah, but its not too bad a colour match actually. The plan was leather, but dunno what im going to do now... :cry: