Sign in to follow this  
Not_Aircooled_or_Taxfree

VW Passat V6 syncro

I am starting to think about getting a more practical car, Im not going to get rid of the VR but it is going to need some work doing on it soon so a second car may be a must. I have always been taken with the Passat V6 syncro it come with loads of bells and whistles and they have come down in price alot. What do you think about them and how do they drive. I like the idea of the auto box with the tiptronic bit on the side, has anyone ever driven a box like that? There is now rush to answer this post as i still dont have a job and as such no money yet!

Ta,

PS

Is the engine the same in the golf, both V6 and 20VT?

I'm not into these gearboxes, i've driven a ferrari 355 F1 with the paddle shifters , a 5 series beemer, and my mums schitty ford has it also and i've not found any of them any good. I'd rather a manual.

However, the thought of the pisshat V6 Syncro is rather appealing.. :wink:

The 1.8T is quite sprightly on it's own. My 150bhp came out with 167bhp at the RR day in Nov, and, although not hugely fast, is good enough to spin the wheels in third, and get me out of trouble at roundabouts etc. Quite economical too, I get around 30-35 mpg out of the beast.