iow_corrado_g60

BACK TO THE VW FOLD..............VR HIGHLINE

good stuff andy, we'll have to catch up soon.

i blew my charger the other week, so mines not going anywhere until e38.. when you heading up?

dunno chap needs quite a bit of bodywork im contemplating a full respray will see how the megs scratch x brings it up over the next few weeks.

mate your vr is looking very nice is she venturing down or up for e38?

Yip, ill be heading up from Pompey for E38 for the first time...

mate thats what really made me buy this one ive looked nearly every day since about a month after selling the VR for another g60 and I was a little dissapointed the guy is selling (will be 3 new owners in a year) so i got in touch and nearly brought it back but i needed a different project!

I have tried to get him to come to e38 and keep it! He phoned me at work and we spoke for a long time about the car!

I said he has to keep it but i think he's quite content on selling up wish my engine bay looked like that now!

cheers for the heads up thou guys! u like the new sig?

sig-G60.jpg

yeah hi guys, it james with the white g60 cc or should i say andys old beast, i am going to keep her put her through an mot next month and full service. need to try and source a original boost return pipe and original air box. need to make her bit quieter. i think i must be gettin old!!! 8). andy sorry i did not come to E38 was drafted into work, hope ytou all had good time.

Ill be putting the G on members cars soon with a few pics.

yeah hi guys, it james with the white g60 cc or should i say andys old beast, i am going to keep her put her through an mot next month and full service. need to try and source a original boost return pipe and original air box. need to make her bit quieter. i think i must be gettin old!!! 8). andy sorry i did not come to E38 was drafted into work, hope ytou all had good time.

It's this wknd mate so no excuse now!!

Car looks great mate and i love the rims, it is true, you do sell up and always come back, i'm trying now to sell my Golf G60 to return! Although i'm not sure what i want (G60, VR) never been in a 'sorted' G60 before and the only VR i've owned was a Vento. Anyway look forward to seeing this progress

AJ

It's this wknd mate so no excuse now!!

Car looks great mate and i love the rims, it is true, you do sell up and always come back, i'm trying now to sell my Golf G60 to return! Although i'm not sure what i want (G60, VR) never been in a 'sorted' G60 before and the only VR i've owned was a Vento. Anyway look forward to seeing this progress

AJ

Hi AJ are you referring to my g60 now the pearl blue one or my old whit one?

Cheers Andy

nice one mate you already have a few things on ur golf g60 that id like on mine like the gear box fancy swapping :lol:

you gonna be at e38 then if so come over and have a chat buddy theres still quite a few ppl off the forum i havent met yet

also regarding what you want you have to stay with the g60 mate! cant go vr there boring 8)

Hopefully going to be there mate, thinking about going down tomorro and camping over. The gearbox is great although not at it's full potential because i'm running basically a standard engine bar a stage 4, really should get it chipped and pullied with a cam then it'll be sweet! If i see ya i'll come over mate, i'm going to be on the Dubforce stand

AJ

Welcome back to Rado ownership Andy, although a little disappointed to read you think the VR was boring!!!!! :)

New one looks good chap. and on the quality of your previous projects Im sure this one will be a bit special.

mate you know im only joking in all truth i chose the g60 as i find it quite easy to work on the 8v engine i know my way around it now! the vr engine scares me wouldnt have a clue where to start

hows it going anyway bud? you makin an appearance at e38 this weekend im going up tomorrow and camping

andy

Doubt it mate, Car is a bit crunched at the moment :pale: , and last year was a bit crap.

All in all Im not feeling the show season this year. but Im sure we will catch up soon bud.

Hi mate, spoke to you at E38 and was ment to catch up after you pitched up your tent but never got round to it, sorry!

All the best with it mate, as I said james really looked after it and spent a small fortune, plus its got the added factor of going to the ring and back twice and never braking down and doing some good strong laps! (unlike my Vr :( )

Good luck with it all! 8)

Boys keeping the Rado now catch you all soon! with a few new tricks!

UPDATE: 27/03

after a long hard think ive decided to keep the rado and move onto getting it sorted in the last few weeks shes had mot & tax

I went to the auto electrician to sort out the headlight loom, new top mounts at the MOT and a few other little bit including all exhaust mounts,

Im putting some new pads on that I just ordered from Daz (g-werks)

and i've got the mk3 vr stalks now! so am just awaiting a nice steering wheel then they will go on and i've just ordered lupo wiper kit ,

plus am debating with the rear screen and whether i trully need it or de-wiper!

so theres the progress!! here we go hopefully should have a few more body parts by edition

so if anyone knows of some aqua blue panels front wings, doors and bonnet, pls shout at me! then when ive done all those ill start on the engine & brakes!

Cheers Andy

Nice one mate, wish i still had my white G, hopfully get another corrado thinking of a vr? or golf vr. cheers bud

james, king :D

11/04/08

Update

guys fitted all lupo wipers - front and rear

fitted new front grill

fitted new voltage regulator hopefully its done the job

have brought a momo steering wheel when that comes will ne fitting the mk3 stalks in sync

heres some pics guys

016.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg