Sign in to follow this  
steve @

Monlight Blue VR6 (BEG) Body shop Update

How do you find the BMC? Looks pretty wicked - is it super loud or tastefully loud?

Yeah the bmc seems to be working well. Used to have an open filter which was mega loud. the bmc gives a nice subtle sound nothing ott but still enough to raise a :D

looking very nice steve, great colour. and very nice wheels. one thing and im not picking faults, but the back seems to be sitting lower that the front, or is it just the angle of the pic??

looking very nice steve, great colour. and very nice wheels. one thing and im not picking faults, but the back seems to be sitting lower that the front, or is it just the angle of the pic??

Yeah your right It could do with a set of lowering top mounts to bring it down 10mm at the front. Although in this pic it doesnt look to bad

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=1418

please dont think i was picking faults steve, i wasnt, but i think some 10/15mm lowering caps would make it sit just perfect 8) but hey still a very nice rado

Weitecs fitted. Supersprint fully fitted now (unsilenced centre section)

stevea-1.jpg

stevea-2.jpg

stevea-3.jpg

New gauge rings fitted. really pleased with them!

...pic to come uploader is dead slow

Cheers guys. Its starting to come together slowly. Have an increasing pile of engine parts that need fitting .. thats next, then off to the body shop in the new year.

Cheers :) . I am not 100% happy with the rear lights they need another going over and clear top coat to get a better finish.

Will try and get some interior shots this weekend.

Haven t updated this for a while so thought i'd add a quick update.

Well first of all I ve had a load of parts in the garage for ages; 6 branch, clutch chains oil cooler etc etc. So after my radiator sprang a leak I though it was the ideal time to fit a few of the above.

First of all I replaced the non gen rad with a new gen rad (quality is miles better).

DSC00062.jpg

That was straight forward enough. Also fitted the guven ally crack pipe(old one was really brittle and fragile).

DSC00065.jpg

Next was the mocal oil cooler .... bit of pain trying to source a metal end cap to fit the shorter banjo bolt. After ordering a few parts form vag I simply gave up and extended the tread on the original bolt and cut it down to the required length.

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

Next red silicone hoses .... fitted

DSC00066.jpg

Umm then came to fit the rad ..... ment for a golf not a corrado ... cheers Jimmi !!!!

Top hose has the wrong angle

DSC00085.jpg

Bottom hose crimps up

DSC00086.jpg

While the car was at this stage I thought i'd check the condition of the top pad and guide.

DSC00088.jpg

Top gide is fine pad is clearly worn (154K)

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00090-1.jpg

I fitted all back together with a new top tensioner ... only for a bit of dirt to block the oil hole resulting in the chain jumping a few teeth .... o bugger (my fault really :( )

DSC00091.jpg

O well u live and learn. So book the car in to stealth for head and chains etc. Seeing as i am probably looking at a few bent valves (happened at idle, but still..)

Brought a second hand head, stripped it had it cleaned valves cleaned and refaced 12 new guides and stem seels also had a little work carried out 3 angle valve seats port matched inlet manifolds big bore throttle body (with enlarged butter fly valve) and had the 6 branch ported to the gasket.

Head returned:

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

Cleaned the inlet up with the air grinder and a lick of paint.

DSC00124.jpg

Wrapped the manifold and sprayed in high temp paint (not shown in this pic)

DSC00127.jpg

Dropped the sump, cleaned ready for a new oil pump to be fitted.

DSC00123.jpg

Fitted new fuel lines to replace nackered return line:

DSC00104.jpg

Ready to be towed to stealth:

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

Dropped it off this morning should have it back by next weekend. Cant wait as its been off the road for 4 weeks already!!

car looks very nice idea, almost perfect in my eyes.....i';d be chuffed with that

unlucky about the chain :(

has inspired me to start getting more hands on with mine, maybe not anything engine wise tho :lol:

Cheers. Changed a little from the top photos though it's now on 17" bbs rx rims and the eyebrow spoilers gone. I 'll get some fresh pic's once it's back.

Well its been well over a year since I have updated this :shock: quite a lot has gone on with the car. I hope to do a full update soon, but for the time being a few from the body shop where she had a bare metal bonnet respray along with both doors and wings and handles. Looking much better now!poor phone pics as always :lol:

body5.jpg

body4.jpg

body3.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00264.jpg?t=1228936818

it always chops the arse of the pics off mate! does it to mine aswell even tho i resize em to 800x600 lol. looks very nice mate. really really liking the colour and how it shines! your brave having it done this time of year tho. or does she stay off road all winter? :)

resize them smaller than 800 x 600, perhaps 798 x 599, and try that.

Car's looking lovely Steve.

it always chops the arse of the pics off mate! does it to mine aswell even tho i resize em to 800x600 lol. looks very nice mate. really really liking the colour and how it shines! your brave having it done this time of year tho. or does she stay off road all winter? :)

Umm may try that :brickwall: Nope its a daily driver, it had a few stone chips which were starting to rust so wanted to get rid before the winter arrived. Still havent had the time to give her a really good clean, hopefully this Saturday weather permitting :lol:

resize them smaller than 800 x 600, perhaps 798 x 599, and try that.

Car's looking lovely Steve.

Cheers chap, nearly happy with it .... nearly!