Sign in to follow this  
andy

Exhaust backbox question

I've got a standard VW system on my VR at the moment, what I'm wondering is will an aftermarket exhaust backbox alone fit onto that system or would I need an entire cat-back system?

You will probably have to buy a backbox specificly for the vr6. And not a backbox from a system package as they tend to differ. TBh I ve not seen many avialable for the VR mainly just full systems. You could always go custom if you just wanted a backbox on your standard system.

I realise it will have to be VR6 specific, I'm just being tight really! I know my backbox was going a bit rusty 20k miles ago when I bought the car. I'm just wondering if I'm looking at cat-back expense or backbox expense when it gives up!

I've got a brand new vr6 backbox that i might be selling. was going to attempt to fit it to my 16valver but i'm not bothering. if you're interested let me know

aftermarket exhaust backbox alone fit onto that system

The VR6 OEM system splits at the first & middle box. No split between the middle and back box. Pipe work not brilliant over the back beam axle to do a join as it's not perfectly round.