Sign in to follow this  
VRTrickster

Koni H&r

Hello again!

Just to let you know I have recently installed my koni TA H&R set up! Fiirst impressions very good ! Not too crashy far more grounded and responsive . After fitting them I noticed the noise was still there that i was hoping to be top mounts ! :? So my next assumption was worn wishbones!

I decided to go the hole hog and order up :

2x complete wishbones

2x ball joints

1x arb link

2x track rod ends

2x front wheel bearings

All for a very reasonble price of £177 delivered from AVS

I have fitted everything now apart from the bearings because my dad advised it could be a nightmare and said i sould maybe get the front hubs!

The car now feels even more responsive and the steering is sharper and tight.The rattle noise has gone but i still feel sight movement in the steering which could be norm ,or i could be a over perfectionist ?

It does still have what i would say a wheel bearing type noise but it could be the tyres as they are just legal and pit in the centres!

Getting to the point I am planning on driving up to stealth to get the geommetry done,so i dont really want to be taking the susspension apart again after parting with £94inc ! Do i spend another 50 odd quid on some hubs and fit the bearings or get the tyres and stealth it ?

Does any one know if your tyres have to be in perfect nick for the 4 wheel alignment ? Cheers ! :)

Stealth have a press for the bearings (they would need the hubs off tho..)

Tyres - it does help if they are good and if you need some anyways then i'd get beforehand...

You may also want to buy new bolts for the wishbones and ball joints...

My TDI feels fantastic since being alligned on the Biessbarth!

I have access to a press! Everything apart from the bearings is now fitted by myself in rain ! DETERMINATION ! :x

May be i sould of changed the bolts a couple were a bit rusty ,would of if i thought of it prior being a perfectionist and all !