Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Ford Focus Wiper Blades !!!!

Had a 2 month old Focus today on a work trip, don't know engine size but performance was like playing PGR on xbox live over dial up :lol:

Anyway, glanced at the wipers and wtf, they are only identical to the Lupo aeros ar'nt they!! Wipped the blade off and it goes straight into my Lupo'd C!! :shock:

Can't see that this has been discussed so may be a good find as they aint going to be the same price as FAG, that much you can pretty much bet your pants on!

The arms are different and the blades on the Fockus are very long and very short, BUT this has got to be worth some investigation on other fords eg: new Fiestas etc :wink: :?:

would any of the blades work on the corrado?

The system VAG use is a bosh system so it could well be that ford use the same one. I know the aero wipers were invented by bosh.

Right here you go, including a pick of the length diff between my C ones (longer blade) and the smaller of the two focus blades. They are prob less than an inch shorter and actually will prob work fine.

They def fit i've just swopped em over. Fitment identical, and all the writing on them "made in Belgum" and nos are all the same!!

Arms are slightly diff, but not far off and may well fit ok! Dont mind taking em the focus but took me ages to get right on mine so i aint swopping the arms. This could be a result after some research though??

:D

The Aero blade design is generic and can be found on many new/modern cars now... I wouldn't think it'll be all that long before you can pick them up in Halfords!

And that'll be the end of greedy old VW charging £80 or whatever it is for wiper arms and blades.. robbing gits!!

lol you only need to buy the arms once though... would expect to be able to buy a pair of blades for £20ish once they hit the main motor factors! For some reason wiper blades are much cheeper in France than the UK - my father always brings back a load (of normal ones) when he goes on day trips... this may be the same on the aero ones too!?!

Halfords sell the blades mate :) well they did when i worked there about 10 months ago, mainly merc fitment but probably got more styles in now :wink:

The Aero blade design is generic and can be found on many new/modern cars now... I wouldn't think it'll be all that long before you can pick them up in Halfords!

I have noticed them on more and more modern cars, and thought the same thing as you. Like Jim says, at least we wont have to go to VW stealers for them any more!

Yep, Halfords and GSF sell them but don't do the offset one we need... they are only a tenner each from VW anyways - it's the arms that are expensive!

Got my lupo wipers and blades of the stealer for £63 this week with a little discount :) Still expensive compared to what they used to go for, but better than the current retail price..

Blimmey Ben you did well for £63!! Only got mine for that after omplaining to m-keynes about other stuff!

Still this is worth a look if the ford wiper arms fit off a fiesta or some such like. These cars will be appearing in scrappys soon too id imagine, once they have 40k up and are biodegrading etc lol

Ha, I can see I'll have to keep an eye on you next time you are 'in my yard' Nick lol

Good spot though, I shall go and have a look see for myself when I've done on here