Sign in to follow this  
Bobert healetty

constantly cold

ok apparently before i purchased the g60 the previous owner brought the car into the shop because something about the fan constantly staying on or something along those lines i cant remember properly...but i guess the shop disconnected some sensor or something and it cured the problem...but not when ever the car is on the temp guage does not budge until driving for about an hour then it starts to go up...so after 20 minutes of driving the temp guage in the guage cluster is always at 0º what could this cause be?..and what should i do to fix it?...if i connect the sensor that the shop disconnected and the fan constantly stays on that means that the sensor was bad right?..or the sensorS...im guessing that would be quite logical?...then i'd just replace that sensor and all should be good?...but i have no idea how corrados are ive never worked on one this is the first one ive ever owned..so any help is appreciated

Your fan should come via a thermoswitch which is fixed into the right hand end tank of your Radiator, as you look at it from the front into the engine bay.

I think it should cut in at 90 degrees on the first speed, then if its getting hotter than it kicks into its second speed to try and suck the hot air out.

If you have an owners manual it explains this and tells you that it cuts in when you've turned the engine off if its still hot.

Sounds more than likely that your Temp guage is out to me, could be your Black Temp Sensor, which is located on your Rad hose just in front of the engine block. there are 2 sensors, one blue one which sendsthe engine temp to your ECU, and the black one that sends it to your Temp guage. Just unplug it, pull the little clip out, then put a new one in. Make sure the engine is cold before you do it, and if i were you i'd put a geniuine VW one in, they're only about a fiver or something.

If its still the same it could be something behind your guage, theres something in there but i've no experience with that !!