Sign in to follow this  
atif

Insurance

guys u know my car was hit a few weeks ago! the rear quarter is damaged, the bumper lights and boot lid!

wel the insurance have come back with an offer of £900 plus i am able to keep the car!

the reason being that cause the car has had 10 owners, they feel that this is the case!

I am not happy! what can i do about this??

What sort of offer is that? Did you laugh heartily at them? How much was it insured for?

On the plus side you could probably get it fixed for 900 couldnt you? And you wouldn't have to fork out to buy the car back off them

The problem with that is the rear quarter damage.

Whats the spec of the car? have you got pics of it? what are other cars of the same spec/mileage selling for? if it's more than they're offering then put a load of evidence together and send it to them.

To be honest, when you look at current prices of raddos, you may be better off taking the £900 and either fixing your car, or breaking it and buying a new raddo with the money you get in?

EDIT-- but looking at it in your previous thread, the damage doesn't look too bad, maybe £900 could sort it out?

the one thing that i am annoyed by is that current cars on the trader with simular spec are going for a lot of money!

even a bad G60 goes for ok money on the trader. if it had of been my fault then i cant argue, but seeing as it isnt, i feel that they should compensate me more!

i had sold the G60 to someone for £2500 and they were supposed to pick it up!!

yeah mate! the figure was £1250!

which i dont think is good enough either!

i am just very annoyed either way!

Yeah, p1ss takers. £1250 is a laugh! surly you can find decent G60's around for double thaty price?..get a few ads together and send them in to the insurance companies.

thats what i am doing now! i am just peed off at the fact that i cant buy another G60! the cheapest G60 i have found is no where near what they are offering!

thats what i thought the insurance was about! i argued that i want to replace my car for another G60!

i am going to talk to my mate who is a solicitor, he will advise me what to do!

Insurance companies will always make a silly first offer. As Walesy said you need to gather evidence as the going price for a G60 of similar age and condition and present that to them! And keep battling, I wouldn't accept their first 2 offers!

Yeah , deffo.

If worst comes to worst though, maybe you could think of taking their poxy £900 and keeping your g60, then buy a cheap g60 like this with the £900 and make a really nice one from the 2 cars, selling all the bits you don't need?

Or buy a cheap valver with a foofed engine but decent body for less than £900 and whack your engine etc into it?

Thanks mate,

i was annoyed this morning and kinda panicked! i aint ever had to deal with them before as the only time i talk to them is when i renew my insurance!

i am going to keep pushing them! i have been on all different websites and shown them evidence that you cant purchase a G60 for £1200!

Similar thing happened to me. It's a game of bluff with the insurance compayn. Gather as much evidence as poss of G60 prices and submit it to them along with your own car's history. I got my offer price upped by 50% to an okay selling price. Also, if you can, get a letter from the guy who was gonna buy it stating how much he was going to pay.

Thanks mate,

i am currently gathering information of the cars for sale, i have already faxed over a lot of them.

thats a good idea for the letter, i will get on to that and get him to write it.

Thanks

S'okay. Make sure the guy puts his full name and address on the letter so it looks like he is happy to be contacted for confirmation.

Are you being paid out by your insurance company or their's? Often your company pays you and then claims it back off them. If it isn't your fault then you'd think your insurance would be more liable to give a good price because they just claim it back of the third party insurer. (Trouble is they all look after each other). Still, don't give in. Better to wait a few weeks for a good price than settle early for a bad one.