Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

R-RS bumper size

These aftermarket bumpers, such as the R-RS, are they designed for the Early or Late spec front ends? I mean, I dont really want to go buy one if its for the Late spec wings, or it'll be poking out :shock:

Depends if you go for the complete bumper or just the apron, both have a bit of work involved in fitting them.

The fibreglass full bumper version you need to cut out your brackets on the standard bumper and fibreglass them onto the rs one. Although there is the RS4 bumper available in ABS plastic which already has them moulded into the bumper so it will bolt straight on

or

There is the RS2 front apron which you graft onot the bottom half of your existing bumper and then just cut the bottom part o your bumper to suit.

With the apron you wont have any wing to bumper problems as you are using the original bumper.

I dont know if there are any fitting problems with the RS4 (abs) or RS2 (Plastic) complete bumpers as I ve never fitted one.

I got my reiger RS2 apron from here reiger

Hope that helps a little!

I seem to remember henny running over his RS4 bumper at some time or another. When JMR originally fitted my RS4 bumper he moulded iin the correct ironwork to mount the bumper removing the plastic mounts.

Cheers

Woody

I seem to remember henny running over his RS4 bumper at some time or another. When JMR originally fitted my RS4 bumper he moulded iin the correct ironwork to mount the bumper removing the plastic mounts.

Cheers

Woody

Didn't you have the plastic mounts on the sides of the bumper moulded to your RS4 Woody the ones that slide onto the fixings on the wing?

I Wasn't keen on thye RS4 bumpers as the ducts in the front of the bumper were a little too square for my liking, the RS2 apron has more rounded ducts which I liked, but as everything in this world it's all about personal choice!!

swfblade just do what you like the look of!