Sign in to follow this  
red corrado16v

Iv'e gone and done it!

Iv'e finaly got round to buying some coilovers, Supersport one's from Venom Mototsport £360 inc vat and delivery,These where the very best i could afford!!!!.

Also bought new poly bushes for rear axle and front wishbones,new track rod ends and bottom ball joints.Anything else ive missed out but you would suggest doing let me know!!!!

Then its a 3hr trip down the M6 on 22nd Feb to Stealth racing for a go on his 4 wheel allignment machine and an hour or two on the rolling road,this should sort out any issues with the car.Hopefully after all this(My christmas bonus is all but gone now!) my Corrado should be as good as new.How low should i go?was thinking about droping it until i could line up top of tyre with wheel arch,i am running standard sebring alloys but am looking at upgrading to some 16" alloys,any ideas as to what would suit a red Corrado would be happily accepted.Would this be ok or to low for everyday use?I live in the Lake District and the roads are notoriously bad .What type of hp figures will i be looking at for a totaly standard 1.8 16valve,done 110000 miles so should be run in by now.Will add some pictures soon.

Also bought new poly bushes for rear axle and front wishbones,new track rod ends and bottom ball joints.Anything else ive missed out but you would suggest doing let me know!!!!

Top mounts?

was thinking about droping it until i could line up top of tyre with wheel arch,i am running standard sebring alloys but am looking at upgrading to some 16" alloys,any ideas as to what would suit a red Corrado would be happily accepted.Would this be ok or to low for everyday use?

Try it, the beauty of coilovers is that you can change it if it's too low/high. You should be fine dropping it around 40mm. :)

i am running standard sebring alloys but am looking at upgrading to some 16" alloys,any ideas as to what would suit a red Corrado would be happily accepted

It depends alot on your particular taste , and budget of course!

I was looking at these badboys earlier and thinking...hmmmm 8)

What type of hp figures will i be looking at for a totaly standard 1.8 16valve,done 110000 miles so should be run in by now

I think as standard they produce 136Bhp :)

Could have had some FK Highsports for £370 inc. VAT and delivery mate or KonigSports for £450 inc. VAT :wink:

I have ordered a set of KonigSports from this guy and price is £450 inc. VAT (going to collect from him as only 40 min drive away)

For anyone else that is interested:

http://www.eastsidevw.co.uk/modules.php ... pic&t=2848

Cheers

Did top mounts when i first got car so should still be ok

I was looking at these badboys earlier and thinking...hmmmm
They would look cool........Trouble is i'de have to sell the C to buy them!!!!!!!!
Try it, the beauty of coilovers is that you can change it if it's too low/high. You should be fine dropping it around 40mm.
How do you measure the drop?is it floor to wheel arch or wheel centre to wheel arch?

They would look cool........Trouble is i'de have to sell the C to buy them!!!!!!!!

It would save you money in the long run.... :wink: