Sign in to follow this  
Craig

White paint on my c!

just got home from uni and must have driven past about half a dozen sets of traffic lights due to road works and ive noticed there's little specks of white paint all over my c! its all up the bonnet, windscreen, both wings and rear panels! F@#* knows how its got literally everywhere!

gave it a wipe with a polishing cloth but it seems fairly stuck on! is there anything i can use to get it off easily with out affecting the paintwork?

bloody council trying to spend their budget! ill give them a bill for a respray and see how they like that! :)

the wife painted the house with masonary paint and icoverd the whole car a couple of years ago.

tried all sorts -tar remover, paraffin, scraping with a plastic scraper etc.....- as drastic as it sounds, I ended up having to go over the WHOLE CAR, spot by spot with thinners. I quickly rubbed each spot and then immediately rinsed excessively with a sponge soaked with water to prevent the thinners doing any damaged.

It actually looked unbelievably glossy when I finished but it took weeks and weeks doing it bit by bit.

lol, at least the wife can give you some compensation! cheers for the help tho, just not too keen on the idea of attacking my c with paint thinner! but if i can't find another way then so be it!