Sign in to follow this  
old man

electric windows

So I was leaving work put the window down to swipe out and clunk cable snapped.Now I live in Scotland and it is wet, so managed to wedge it up.

Now people this is the best bit I phoned VAG just for a laugh to get a price £183 plus vat. So now I hope I can find one in a scrappy until then a few cable ties and a bit of wood will do.

Does anybody know if the golf or any other make will fit?????????

Nope the Corrado one is unique I'm afraid.

Has the cable definitely snapped? If it has, s/hand or new is the only option!

The motor is included with the mechanism though, so should speed up the window action if it was starting to get slow before.

Cheers KevHaywire thats what I thought, sods law mate just spent lots of cash putting things right last week, so like i say the cable ties and wood will stay for sometime till i find one

Sometimes Heath Robinson is the only way :-) And yep, as is the way with Rados, fix one thing and something else breaks!

Try bigpantsbaby on the forum, he's a breaker/car dealer by trade and he might have a s/hand one for you.

I needed one for my door and struggled to find one s/hand, so had to bite the preverbial. Still, the window did wind up twice as fast than before though, so it wasn't all bad ;-)

Just seen a guy breaking a 16v on the" bits for sale" and asked what price he is looking for so might get lucky. Called someone earlier and he said to call back on monday will let you know cheers again