Sign in to follow this  
james_88

K & N Air Filter for G60

Hi all, just wondering where i can purchase a K & N air filter for my G60? Tried looking through PVW but no success! Is the K & N filter the best one to use or is there a better filter i should go for?

Cheers, James

Personally I would just use the VAG oem paper filter, as it's been reported on the German Radoforum, that the paper one still filters best from the G-Lader's point of view. On a normally aspirated engine, you can happily use the K&N or Pipercross, as any crap, that still manages to get through will be burnt off by the engine, but on the G60, you've got the G-Lader sitting inbetween the filter element and the engine.

Any crud making it through the filter will hit a Lader potentially rotating at approx. 12,000 revs ! The paper-based filter is still the best in terms of filtering.

If you still do decide to use a K&N, regularly clean and oil it.

I've thrown my K&N out again, and replaced it with the VAG oem paper filter.

Tempest

If you not after sqeezing every 1/2bhp from your g60 stick with the oem paper one and change it more often.

id stick with the paper filter i had a green cotton induction kit on for a while loved the noise, but then changed back for the chargers sake, i ant heard anything good about the jabba filter, greeny likes his though