Sign in to follow this  
Bobert healetty

MFA(MAF?) question

is it designed to be used with the supercharger?....because it still works in my rado BUT alot of stuff is not accurate or doesnt read properly(supercharger is bypassed) like oil temp etc etc...now it also says MFA 1 is there an MFA 2? and how to i switch to two?...i guess my question is how am i supposed to use this MFA thing? ive never seen anything like it...my e30 had an on board computer which was kind of related i think? but way different

Im not sure if it is used with the charger but on the RIGHT stalk you will see a slider button and a press button on the END of it, press the end one various times to give you different read outs:- (might not be in correct order)

time/time traveling/miles covered/oil temp/outside temp

then the slider button, slide it to the right one notch and it will the read out the 2nd lot of information, i do believe that the time traveling and distance will be different as the 1st lot is since engine start or in last hour or something.

bet i've just confused you, but i know what i meant!

MFA - Multi Function Ahh something (computer) :lol:

MAF - Mass Air Flow meter.

As -Neil- says, push the button on the end of the right stalk to change the read outs and the switch to go between 1 and 2.

1 counts from the start of your journey and resets every time you turn the ignition off for more than 2hrs.

2 counts from last time you disconnected the battery, so gives you a more long-term idea of mpg etc.

If your supercharger is bypassed all kinds of things won't be working accurately, so not a lot you can do about that.