Sign in to follow this  
DANG60

Audi twin piston callipers.

Just been looking on an american site and found out that there are some twin piston callipers that came off an audi quattro that will bolt straight up to g60 hubs. Has anybody heard of this. Was this audi availabale in the u.k? thanx...

IIRC the S2 calipers are the ones

and if you can find one, an Audi 100 turbo are the same.

But I think they also use a 25mm master.

I looked into this and got a M/C from the states but never found the calipers and have kinda given up.

There is a set of calipers on ebay that time out 2mora, there was a set that timed out 2day but I bagged them for £36

Ah well atleast it can be done then. Its just a matter of finding a set. Is it a worth while mod then cos the americans seem to rate them. cheers guys.

There is a set of calipers on ebay that time out 2mora, there was a set that timed out 2day but I bagged them for £36

I just looked but couldn't find them, have you got the link.

Thanks

I know, that wot happens wen you put an auction up to end at a silly time.

Ive watched a few sets on ebay. they usually go for about 50 notes, so they are not that had to get hold off, I just waited to find a set that no one was bidding on.

It should stop a bit bettter to once I get these on, then ifs off to G-werks, to squeeze every bit out of it that G, and trust me wen I mean every last bit haha.

" Darren how far can we go with my G60, on a stock bottom end?"

" Well Ant you need blah blah blah ...................................................."

"Cool book me in haha"

The S2 disks are slightly smaller than 280mm as far as I remember 276mm or 278mm. I don’t think it makes a difference with the carriers tho.

I have this setup on my car.The Audi pads dont cover the entire disc and you have about 8mm on the outside edge of the disc that doesn't get used. Doesn't seem like a problem at the moment but i would definately suggest upgrading the master cylinder as when i used these calipers with the standard 22mm the pedal is abit longer.

I got my set second hand and bought new seal and slider kits from VAG but my pistons were corroded so i machined new ones from Stainless steel so no more corrosion problems and they work very well indeed especially on the track with uprated pads.

Upgraded with 25mm Master cylinder from Audi Coupe, will look for part number but think it was 2.2, 5 cylinder non turbo and non abs.It took away the long pedal i had after fitting the S2 front calipers.

I have gone back to a 22mm at the moment because i started to have problems with my rear brakes locking before the fronts but that was not related to the different front brakes or master cylinder just having sticky tyres and lowering affected the grip at the rear under brakes.

The initial bite from the fronts is very good and i run Mintex M1144 pads all round to eliminate any fade when they get hot.

The 22mm MC gives me more feel but a slighty longer pedal,its not drastic but it is noticeable compared to standard.With the bigger MC there is less feel in the pedal but you have to push it less.

using s2 calipers on a corrado will however mean that the staggered pistons will be the wrong way around...... meaning accelerated & uneven pad wear (theoretically!)

Yeah, i had heard this from others before i did the conversion but since i've only done about 2k road miles and 80 track miles i cant say i've noticed.

Hope its not too bad as my front pads aren't cheap.

How much are you paying for a set of pads? I suppose it wont be so bad sacrificing pad life for having good brakes that will also stop u well on the track. I had problems with black diamond discs and pads getting to hot so hoping to switch to a set of these callipers and a different brand of discs and pads and see what the outcome is.

I have gone back to a 22mm at the moment because i started to have problems with my rear brakes locking before the fronts but that was not related to the different front brakes or master cylinder just having sticky tyres and lowering affected the grip at the rear under brakes.

Is it possable to fit a couple of reducing valves like VW used on the Mk1 Golfs to cure this.

I'm sure I was told these calipers fitted using G60 carriers, is this true?