Sign in to follow this  
DANG60

Audi twin piston callipers.

Just been on the euro car parts website. Altough they didnt have any in stock the callipers are about 70 quid each.

You shouldn't have! I've always felt the G60 had a way better pedal than the VR!

Maybe your rear calipers need looking at or an air lock possibly?

When my rear calipers and pads rusted themselves solid to the carriers, I was actually driving around for a year with front brakes only, the pedal was terrible, but being new to Rados I assumed it was normal.

Changed the rears to MK4 calipers and pads and the transformation was night/day in both braking performance and feel. A good bleed of the ABS pump and MC helps too, and disconnect an ABS sensor before bleeding and lock the brakes up a few times. This will get all the dead, cr@ppy fluid out of the pump and into the system for bleeding off.

Ive no ABS on my 16V and I have the new mrk iv rears on only thing I can think of would be the rear pads which I’ve read about before causing travel in the pedal.

Bigger MCs reduce effort, but increase travel....

Wrong way round :wink:

They reduce the pedal travel as the larger cylinder doesn't have to move as far to displace the same amount of fluid, while the effort required at the pedal is increased.

I only have a little bit more play in the pedldle but Im putting that down to the pads not being bed in yet. saying that tho, my car is a LHD Golf and therefore has a better brake system, for example the servo measures 12" accros.