Sign in to follow this  
Bobert healetty

wanting to do some preventive/routine maintenance

and i want to do some preventive and routine maintenance...it needs the coolant flushed very badly the car runs hot and the coolant temp guage doesnt work...the coolant looks like water and has little black particles in it...so i want to flush it i get half off everything at my work so ill get the coolant flushed for $30 but my question is what coolant do i need to use?...and how much does the g60 hold?...

also is it smart to do a power steering flush?...

the brakes are kinda weird so im going to get them flushed....the pads and rotors have recently been replaced with some nicely sized drilled rotors that sit behind some brand new 17's...i think it just needs them bled

also where should the idle be on a corrado?...mine is either JUST below 1k rpms(or 900) or around 750...i think one of the reasons the idle inst perfect is because the supercharger is bypassed?

also ummm this car has 30lb injectors in it since the supercharger is bypassed...will i be running mad rich? or is it ok to run like this until i get the supercharger rebuilt?

also i went to do an oil change today and noticed that the plug is stripped...not the plug threads or the oil pan but the hex key hole is stripped so i have no idea how to get it out...the oil is pretty dirty and i want to replace it with valvoline full synthetic ...whats the ideal weight for a florida(usa) average temp 75-90ºF climate?..

and any other maintenance i should take care of?...tons of maintenance was just recently done by the previous owner like front axle shafts, wheel bearings, waterpump, timing belt, spark plugs and wires, engine just rebuilt, new main bearings,connecting rods and bearings, new pistons and rings cylinders were bored, cylinder head cleaned, ported and polished, intake manifold port matched, throttle bored and polished, new electric cooling fan, all exterior and interior trim peices replaced, new wheels and tires, new suspension(carrera coil overs??) new exhuast(but it has a leak so im going to get a performance exhuast) tons and tons of stuff done to this car i just purchased it like 2 weeks ago and just got the car in my possesion last night because it was at the shop for over a month dealing with a blown supercharger(leaking oil seals) so its now bypassed i will be sending the charger to either kompressor canada or bahn brenner and having them completely rebuild an adding an 11mm cog belt 68mm pully, porting and polishing on intake and outlet ports, and some other stuff

so is there anything else you guys suggest i take care of?..i mean this car was maintained immaculately i will be posting pictures in a couple minutes

ummm hmmm lets see...i guess thats about it any help is appreciated

the engine oil drain shouldnt be a hex key..its a bolt! if its rounded off then id try to get a socket welded to it so you can undo it, then replace it with a new one

well the car was sitting for like 4 months before i purchased it other then my couple of test drives and to move it in and out of the shop it sat for a while

btw i do have an important question

will driving with the supercharger bypassed for too long hurt anything? or do any damage?