Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

I am the only one who thinks the Corrado looks stupid.......

I like the spoiler...but then mine pops up at 73 mph by which point its may just start to have some effect.

I agree the car looks cleaner with it down however.

In terms of effect...it does not 'add downforce'...(as a wing would do), but 'spoils' the lift created from the shape of body (particulalry back) of the car which would otherwise create lift acting on the rear of the car and result in a light rear end.

In terms of drag I'm sure it does in increase CD, however given the toss up between going round corners and going that little bit faster in a straight line...handling has far more impact in the real world ,....

I do agree its ironic that the only people I've ever come across who don't like it- happen to be corrado owners...

Anyway- each to their own- enjoy the ride

i find its helpful too when some numpty comes up behind you with 800000w headlamps - when its up its cuts out the glare completely......and everything else i suppose

I don't understand how some people say it blocks their view? It's not that big!

Never got in my way really ( Although I do try to pass on doing reverse parking anyway! )

STORM 2,you're dead right.I noticed for the first time the other day the spoilers real purpose-the blocking effect on tailgaters lights.

This has been a good thread and I've learned plenty.I can't understand though why people are so against the spoiler going up/down.Even if it is a gimmick,it's a good one.