Sign in to follow this  
dames

lumpy start

anyone got any ideas about the lumpy start from cold. it used to fire up instantly on turning the key, but suddenly now needs a few seconds before it runs smoothly. this is really only a cold start problem and the colder it is outside the more lumpy the start, and sometimes needs 2 or 3 cranks untill it gets hold and then runs fine.

Im thinking its an air/water/oil temp sensor problem but I dont know where any of them are.

come on make my day tell me its an easy fix.

make sure you injectors are sealed properly, if one of the wee wee seals goes it will start and idle like a bag of shit, trust me i know.

sort it

Ross

Maybe the cold start valve is knackered that would cause it to run like a bag'o'shite until its warmed up a bit and comes off cold start replace the blue cold start sensor on the front of the block cant miss it its the 2 pin blue plug on the black plastic flange that comes out of the block and into the top rad hose. Thats what it's most likely to be and they're only £5-6