Sign in to follow this  
Jim

A car meet.. with a difference.

I just read about this on the SSC, and it was a bit of an eye opener.

A lad of about 16, who has had cancer for some time has just been told by his doctors that he has about 3 weeks left to live. Can you imagine that? Anyway, the lad is apparently into modified / sports cars but has never really had the chance to see many or go in any.. so the lads cousin posted up on a forum he knew about and has tried to get some support - the result is some kind of car meet / cruisey type thing happening just up the M6 near Broughton.

If anyone lives local, and is interested in going to show some support with VW's finest, details can be found here :

http://www.cljf.com/xxgcab/forum/index. ... 062d5&f=13

omg it would of been such a shame if this didnt happen for the lad... i WOULD of deftinatly have made the effort to go if i had known sooner.. this is such a shame when you hear about someone so young have a tragady like this happen to him.! could someone please try and find out the outcome and let me know...

it did happen,and i was told close on 1000 cars turned up,vauxhall motors in elsmere port let them have the use of one of there car parks, and they gave some gifts for the lad in question,i was going to go but was still over the limit so couldnt drive,but i heard a good time was had by all

glad about that; I was of a mind to go till the hose failure....

not a vauxhall fan but good on them for this