Sign in to follow this  
mr.ots

Faulty TT Dash Pods

Did anyone see Watchdog on BBC1 tonight? Audi seem to have a problem with the TT dash pod. Lots of customers complaining that the fuel, temp gauges read faulty, oil pressure warning comes on when there isn't a fault and the display flickers on and off.

Audi have now admitted that there is a problem with these units and they will replace them free of charge, although they had been charging customers around £800 to replace them before Watchdog got involved!

Maybe the rado isn't so bad after all :)

Yeah they've been faulty ever since the TT first rolled out of Germany. Ipswich Audi regularly have TTs in the workshop and not just for pod replacements!

The pods are made in Malaysia or somewhere so the quality slipped.

Glad to see they're acknowledging the problem and addressing it.

A few TTs have also suffered from the infamous diff pin shearing issue, which wrecks the gearbox!

It's pretty poor of Audi to take so long to admit there is a problem and take some positive action but at least TT owners have finally got a good result.

I had some of those problems with the dial pod in my TT dash. Thankfully I now have the Mk4 dial pod in the TT dash :) Also means I get indiglo blue dials unlike any TT. 8)

The TT dials seem very tempremental.

No sympathy for the girl with the convertible, simply because of the w*nky number plate - "R11 PYU" now reads "R11PY U"? Riipy? Whassat? ;)

LOL @ oil and water warning light on, so "thought i could drive really slowly the 40 odd miles home" ahhhh women and cars . . .

>

Yeah that made me laugh too :lol: Good job it was just a faulty dash pod or she might have been looking at a new set of bearings!!