Sign in to follow this  
TonyC

Heater Blower Fan - 1995 16v - 4 speed

Does anyone know which VW's the fan is shared with? Mine only works on speed 4 only. Have checked archives and replaced the thermal fuse but it blew again after about 10 mins use suggesting that the fan could be at fault (overworking and causing heat build up in the resistor pack). So, I thought I source a replacement fan.

Thanks,TC

Think the Golfs and maybe passat is similar. Try taking the fan cover off and getting it all cleaned out with electrolube or something, it may help.

Fans are the same as MK2 Golfs, it's just the resistor packs that are different and need to be swapped...

They are also about £50 from GSF or VAG but there was someone selling new ones at Inters last year for £35...

replace the resistor fuse under the passenger side undertray, can get one from maplins for 75p... i did it on mine and its going strong for 3 yrs now

cant find the poxy how to guide now

i know vr6storm knows where it is though, worth PM-ing him maybe

replace the resistor fuse under the passenger side undertray, can get one from maplins for 75p... i did it on mine and its going strong for 3 yrs now

cant find the poxy how to guide now

i know vr6storm knows where it is though, worth PM-ing him maybe

You mean the thermal fuse? He has changed that.

I've changed the thermal fuse (56p from Maplins!) but it blew again after 10 mins use. So the resistor pack must be overheating due to load (or something). Will lube the fan and try my 2nd fuse. But if I can get a cheap complete unit then that may be a more permanent solution. I'll get the fan model number - then do some surfing. TC

are you sure u used exactly the same voltage as the old one... has when i did it i couldnt find the "exact" same, way slightly heigher and lower voltage...

HTH sorry if it dont