Sign in to follow this  
lamwagon

side exit exhaust

just wondering can it be dun if so wots it like with the mot and stuff

cheers Adam

ps gotta friend of a friend how has hes own exhaust company

Usual rules I would have thought, ie. meets emissions, noise, smoke etc. Maybe better to exit the RH side so pedestrians don't suffercate!

Sod pedestrians :-) Give them some nice meaty fumes to chew on.... how about one on each side? :-) Intoxicate cyclists that undertake you aswell!

Caterhams, Cobra replicas, Vipers etc have side exits and they pass MOTs, so you should be OK....... although I'm sure I read somewhere that side exits are permissable if factory fitted and the relevant type approval met (in the UK at least)....dunno, might need to research it.

kevHaywire, haha, thought just the same. :lol: Side exits are cool when done well, but I have still not seen a corrado with it done in a nice way (so it will look as o.e. as possible)

I know a guy with a Renault 5 fitted with some cheesy side exit exhaust. People think his exhaust has fallen off because it sounds like it has and there's still an empty cut-out in the rear bumper. The black soot up the sill and door is nice too; it adds that extra touch of class.

IIRC new UK cars cannot be sold with side exhausts, but can be modded to have them with no problems. I seem to remember that the Dodge Viper had to be sold with a normal exhaust but you could then get the dealer to fit the side exhaust kit as an extra :cuckoo:

no got no chance of insuring it this year just ganna get all the work done that i can in the mean time, im ganna hav to buy another car maybe a 1.1 polo coupe or sumink lol, couldnt even get ensured on my mums insurence.