Sign in to follow this  
lottysvdub

lost sensor

:roll: Hi guys got a question for you all ive got a 1992 2lt 16v rado , which at the mo is going ok ,during the usual lets look under the bonnet and see what i can find not looking to well moment so i can fix it i noticed that on the engine / head at the gearbox end i have 3 sensors , 1 with a big white multi plug on it , 1 with a single spade connector on it and then the 3rd sensor is mounted on the water pipe housing ( possibly thermostat housing ) now this is the sensor im stuck with as it hasnt got anything connected to it , its a single spade connector on the sensor but there is no wireing for it that i can find ,ive had a good route around and carnt seem to find anything to plug in . any one know what this sensor is for and any suggestions would be appreciated ,Thanks guys :help: :help:

Ive seen this picture before ive got the white temp sender for the ecu as shown ,but were the brown thermo time switch is i have a single spade connector and were the coolent temp gauge sender isnt there but i have a sensor like this in the water out let pipe shown in the picture , this is the one with no connector on it . the coolent temp gauge in the car is working correcty so this is were im getting confused, any ideas ??? :nuts: