Sign in to follow this  
matth76

Vibratechnic engine mounts

Hi

I've just had 2 new uprated Vibratechnic engine mounts (gearbox and front mounts) fitted to my Golf VR6. I only picked my car up yesterday. I find my car tends to judder a tiny bit when I am stationary or on the 'biting point' when in traffic or when I reverse. Tends to happen all the time whether the car is cold or at operating temp. Is this due to the new engine mounts? I understand there will be some new vibration present for a couple of weeks until the mounts 'settle' but is what I am experiencing due to the new mounts?

I have also had new timing chains fitted too and a new clutch...all work done at The Phirm who are very good.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Matt

Not sure - they were for a Golf VR6 - approx £90 for the front I think and £125 for the gearbox one, both Vibratechnic. I would assume the most standard/common ones.

I've had a Vibratechnics Fast Road front mount on a Golf VR6 and Corrado VR6 and had no extra vibration at all. They shouldn't need to settle.

It's not that noticable at all ..only occasionally when I'm on the biting point in traffic. Occasionally it vibrates very slightly in reverse gear. I had the front mount and gearbox mount changed. I've not had the rear mount done.

I was a bit worried it could be related to my fuelling. But I assume it may be more likely due to the engine mounts. What does anyone else think?

Thanks for any help.

Sorry mate... no idea how they did it. The Phirm will have done it correctly I'm sure. I had a drive in it today and it was fine. A tiny bit juddery in reverse or when holding it on the biting point, which I believe is normal so I've been told with new uprated engine mounts for the first couple of weeks.

Cheers

They may not have done, and as you've had 2 changed there may be some extra tension there, I'd drive it for a bit, if it's still noticable it may be worth just slackening the bolts, let it idle for a bit then torque them back down again...

I've fitted a VF engineering uprated front mount, pretty much ident to yours. Mine does kick for want of a better word when i initially pull away. I know my back mounts are sha..ed so they are being replaced first to see if it cures it.

If not the fronts coming out to see if its loose inside. Couple of people have mentioned this can happen when they are new, but they can be tightenned up and refitted. Not sure if the same is true for the vibras, but i think they are virtually the same?

Im not saying mine is bad until i get the rears done so no offence to VF as there stuff is usually tops.

I had vibration issues when i fitted my vf-engineering mounts (all 3) these lasted for about 3 weeks until they bed in. After that, they were fine, and my engine is now SOLID!! Give it a week or so and it should be fine!

Hi Guys, interesting thread I do autocross on my golf valver and need the front and back engine mount from vibratechnices where is the the best and cheapest place to mail order from? As i have manage to break all 3 on a weekend!!

Thanks again