Sign in to follow this  
Dirtysouth

Disappearing fuel???

Hi

Does petrol evaporate inside the tank over time?

I am taking my old fuel pump off my previous corrado as mine is leaking, i remember filling up £25 of fuel before the accident since then it has just sat in my garage (Sept 04') Anyways went to drain the tank and nothing came out??? i cut the line into the pump.

can any one explain lol i am sure is simple lol just making sure i dnt get drenched if it is in there lol

Cheers

If the breather valve was open it will turn from inflamable to drinkable over time (dont drink it) but I would be surprised if 25 quids worth evaporated. unless east sussex had a bit of a saraha style christmas, Reckon there might be a leak chap.

The tank is virtually sealed apart from a couple of small breather pipes and has the pump blocking the exit from the tank so when you take the fuel filter out fuel doesn't always pour out of the tank.

You will however, empty the entire contents of the fuel line forward of the filter over your face/arm/other appendage :lol: