Sign in to follow this  
sciroccotune

oil switches and wire colours

hey guys, hope you can help cos i have tried a search but cant find all i need. :D I did see a good topic about this but could not find it again..

Im replacing the oil switches on my 2L16V.

I have got a new white and black one. I have found that the white is high and the black is low pressure switch (i think).

My last question is (assuming i got the right colour senders!?!) is which colour wire connects to which sender?

the choice is blue and yellow. :wink:

Yellow goes to the 1.8 bar switch (white)

Blue/black goes to the 0.3 bar switch (dark brown)

Are you sure your sender is black? What pressure does it have stamped in the casing?

* EDIT * Beaten to it :)

Yellow goes to the 1.8 bar switch (white)

Blue/black goes to the 0.3 bar switch (dark brown)

Are you sure your sender is black? What pressure does it have stamped in the casing?

* EDIT * Beaten to it :)

there are some black topped sensors, just a very slightly different value to the brown ones IIRC.

David.

Hey guys thanks for the help!

I did buy a new black sensor, but I think id have been better off with a brown one as the black is to high i think. ill post the number later just incase anyone has this again.

The vdo sender is currently replacing the low pressure one so it should be fine.

When I fixed the led in the dash I also ended up playing with the wires and getting them the wrong way round so had beeps all the way to work :lol:

All sorted now and ill get my £10 back for the new ones! In fact I think ill exchange them for a new header tank!