Sign in to follow this  
Dazz_G60_Wales

Matrix pressure valves

Hi Rado Syndicate

Just a quickie as I cant seem to find answer`s anywhere else.

After having heater problems - heat :censored: placed 2 straight through copper pipes to proove valves and sure enough heater is belting out fire now.

1. How long can I expect to keep these on as I am waiting for my local scrappy to get some in.

2. Is it usually the metal valve that goes.

3. Am I risking damage without the valves on .!! :shocked!:

Thanks in advance..

i had the same problem with mine when i replaced the matrix i done the same as you and put two copper pipes in place of the valves iv had my corrado for about 5-6 years now and havent had any problems with this and the heaters are great

Mate, they are there for a reason. the heater matrixes suffer with popping the end result im sure you understand. I replaced mine with new volkswagen parts not that long ago and im pretty sure they were less than £20. If they are still the same money than I dont think its worth the risk imo.

It is usually the metal one that goes. I've bypassed mine at the moment so I can get nice hot air in the car. I asked the dealer about getting another valve but was told that they are currently discontinued (that was early november) but might be getting more in around now. If the matrix dies, your passenger could get scalded feet and the car will very quickly steam up and you won't be able to see.

Ok

Thanks for the replys lads will try the stealers Monday for a new steel valve for peace of mind.

Shame as the car seems to run cooler in general and I love having toasty toes at 5 a.m on the way 2 work..

:thumbleft:

Intresting...

I have just replaced my matrix. I also noticed that the heat is not as hot...I read on the forum that upon replacing the matrix and then connecting it all back up that the metal valve can stick part closed??? Why would that be. Just cos its dried out inside?? Shall see if I can get a new one.