Sign in to follow this  
SPADGER

G60 OIL WARNING LIGHT

have been gradually sortin out my g60 / new fuel pipes / new engine mount / new thermostat / jabba s4 service to glader / k & n + modded box / cat bypass.

1. whats the best way to find a vaccum leak as my mpg never goes above 5 on the comp.

2. after being driven hard and in 4th / 5th and revs go down to 2000 rpm oil waring light/alarm comes on.

the oil prob has got better since adding wyns supercharge treatment to stop the oil becoming too thin at high temp

any ideas ???

...1. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO FIND A VACCUM LEAK AS MY MPG NEVER GOES ABOVE 5 ON THE COMP.

you need to trace all the vac hose rubber connectors through the pipework, they perish with age, the brake servo pipe's linked in with this too.

no need to SHOUT though :wink:

Didnt mean to shout forgot to mention that if if drop clutch /increase revs warning light goes off.

Tks for the advice - any tips for cleaning the oil pick up pipe or do i just scrape all visible gunk out ? :scratch:

8) if the pick ups dirty it should be obvious to see , you could clean of the strainer with carb or brake cleaner and some rag , if you take the strainer off make sure that the oil ways are also clear , when you have done all that and put it back together i would recommend puting a decent engine flush through the engine and leave it running for around 20-30 mins on tick over , keep an eye on the engine coolent temp , dont be tempted to drive the car with the flush in it as you could wash the bearings clean of oil ( not a good thing ) drop the old oil out and change the filter ,put some nice clean engine oil in job done . Also good way of checking for air/vaccume leak is to have the engine running and carefully spray some carb/brake cleaner or even something like WD40 along the pipe work and any joints and even around the inlet manifold , if you have a leak the engine revs will increase due to the spray being drawn in . Again take care as remember the spray is very flammable and we dont want any mishaps do we . :roll:

just a quick one make sure that before you put the engine flush in you remember to fill up with oil , yep it means two oil changes but you only need to replace the filter on the second oil change . :thumbleft:

tks 4 the advice replaced oil pressure sender (black one) and all is now ok :lol:

chip and pulley being done on wednesday

also fron shocks and brakes bein sorted weds night :rambo:

lookin fwd 2 sum fun next week hopefully keep licence and avoid lampposts