Sign in to follow this  
mconnolly93

suspension query

hey guys i bought a corrado in england about six months ago.its lowered 90mm but its far too low and hard for the roads over here in ireland.Are golf mk3 shocks and springs able to fit the corrado or is there any other type.my alternator broke and my exhaust rubbers broke as well due to the hardness of the car.i'd be glad of any suggestions thanx!

mk 3 shocks and spring should fit your car as they are the same , you will lose the ride hight of your car , which wont be a bad thng as 90mm is very low , mine was lowered by 50mm and this made my car beat severn bells of c**p out of its self on bumpy roads , also check out your top mounts on the shocker as if these are badly worn then this will also over emphasise any bump in the roads 0X

find out what shocks you are running , are you sure they arent coilovers ? if so you could adjust the height your self

if the shocks are ok you may just need a set of springs to raise it

checkout your suspension first :wink:

there not coilovers anyway.would a new set of springs soften up the ride.i went to cork today and i think i burst one of the shock mounts!theres a serious bang now when i hit a bump.thanks for yere replies!!!

:multi: if you fit taller springs then this should soften up the ride but if your doing that you should change the top mounts , there very easy to do and when i changed mine it made the car totaly different , i could drive over man hole covers with out having to brace for impact which was realy nice as theres only so many times you want to try and remove a corrado from your butt !!! :multi: personaly i would look at these before spending out on springs and shocks :multi:

If your ride has been that hard for long its prob sh.gged the top mounts anyway. H&R springs give a lovely ride and sensible drop, and koni top adjustable dampers if you have the money.

If your really flush then its coilover time. I went in JTG60s car which is down 90-100 mm, the ride on that was amazing, i just couldnt beleive it, and im picky being a 60 mile a day man on sh.t roads here too.

What wheels/tyres are you running because if they are 17s thats guna make it harsh too....?

The bang is prob the antiroll bar hitting the bottom of the car!!!! If u look above it u will prob see a nice little dent in the floor!

Are the top mounts dear?i've got a set of koni's with the original springs lined up.I'm gonna chance putting them on tommorow night.I've a set of 17's on the car all right.

top mounts are not hard to fit if your changing the struts then your basicly going to have the top mounts off , prices or from as little as £10 and go up to around £100 for the dogs danggely bits type , gsf supply the cheapest but they dont last for years at a time they tend to wear out quickly , konis are the dogs bits again especially if there adjustable , and 17" are class you might feel the bumps more but they look cool . :multi: