Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Wiring Ques

EDIT:New question in post 3.

My stereo works fine, the only trouble I'm having is when the ignition's off, it loses all its settings (as if theres no power when the cars off)

I've being told that if I join the Red and Yellow wires it should keep its power? Is this right?

The red says ACC, and the yellow says Battery.

Yup, swap the red and yellow so red goes into yellow and yellow into red and it should have a permenant power feed so it doesn't lose it's settings.

Cheers, works a treat!

While I'm doing things electrical, could you tell me this;

I'm hardwiring my road angel via teh cigarette socket. The RA cable has a red and black wire in it, but the cig lighter has 3 wires? A brown, a red and a blue.

Which wire do I connect to the red and which to the black etc.

Cheers

Red = 12v

Brown = Gnd

Blue = Illumination (12v when light switch is on)

Make sure you test the connections with a multimeter before you dive in there though.

ardandy, does the road angel have any use of power when it's off? Does it have like... settings and no internal battery (usually very tiny mo fo)? If so, wire it up to +12v (red), otherwise wire it to ign-live (blue). easy as that.

Doesn't need power no.

For some reason I thought the blue one was only when you turned the lights on?

If not, then I could just use the wires going into the ashtray light couldn't I (One blue one brown I think)? The light doesn't work anyway so not missing out there and it'll save me hacking the cig lighter to bits.

The blue/gray one is only 12v when the lights are on. Sorry Selbekk thats not Ign Live. The Red is perm 12v and the brown is earth. Exactly as bcstudent said.

Jay

*go and hide under a rock* :lol: sorry mate, I've become too much of a wisea$$ lately ;D Well, tap into the ign live from your stereo then.