Sign in to follow this  
Roger Blassberg

Rear suspension bushes

has anyone got the dimensions of the special vw tool or even the bushes and the holes in the beam? if so i can get a tool cnc'd up for it.

I sit corrected, though considering the trouble we had pulling them in squarely with the proper tool I'm surprised you managed it. Top marks to you for perseverance.

has anyone got the dimensions of the special vw tool or even the bushes and the holes in the beam? if so i can get a tool cnc'd up for it.

I have most of the tool but am missing the section the fits over the bush to push it back in. I do know what it looks like though so if you have a spare bush it would be possible to make one.

CNC is the way forward!!

I can bring it to the RR day if you want.

I started this job this morning but i cannot shift the allen key bolts in the brake load compensator valve (horrible bastard thing) and i really dont want to cut it off (£70).

Does anyone know if its possible to simply hacksaw the bolt head off the bearing bolt, buy a new one and fit it the other way when the axle goes back on? After moving moving it as far as possible it looks tappered in some way, so does the shaft of the bolt change in diameter (meaning it wont go in back to front)??

Thanks,

Rich

If not, can i remove the mounts which mount the axle to the chassis? I think it has 3-4 bolts per mount but this will mean i will still have to remove the compensator or cut the bolt.

Well i cut the bolt head off and removed the rear beam, but it turns out venommotorsport has sent me the wrong beam bushes, so my car is stuck in the middle of my drive until i can get the new ones sent out :@

ffs!

did this job around a week ago,

the biggest headache was removing the brake pipe unions at the rear axle,so cut the copper lines and had new ones made up,that was getting it of,next you will need a reciprocating saw,i beleive its called, to hack the old ones out!

i cleaned up the surfaces,lined the bush up and use a threaded rod through the bush with a variety of wahers one side(outer,against the beam and housing) then comes the weird bit,profiled some hardwood,to match the bush face and with a big nut and washer gradually applied force and it works a treat,and no the wood doesnt split as long as its good hard wood!

will illustrate if needed, saves three hundred quid,thats all i know!!