Sign in to follow this  
N_TaG

16v Central locking & Fuel Gauge

Ok, have owned my corrado for a grand total of 4 days and already broken it. :(

When i purchased it i knew the central locking didnt work and assumed it to be a faulty pump as its an early 16v (common fault from what i read). Having located the pump in the boot i set about testing it and trying to remove it. Voltmeter says no feed so gave up trying to remove it (no idea how to anyway!) and set about checking all fuses. After some searching i located the lonely central locking fuse which also works the electric windows. Fuse was fine. Removing stops the windows working so i know its functioning.

What could be causing this lack of power to the pump? I know a previous owner had an immobiliser fitted which has been removed before i got hold of it.

On top of this failure i've manged to kill the fuel gauge which previous to my meddling worked fine. All fuses are intact.

Help?

Have now fixed it all, downloaded the wiring diagram for the central locking and took the thing to bits. Turns out the thing i thought was the pump was the fuel gauge, which i'd left un-plugged.

Steps to fix:

1. Remove Drivers side rear panel and test central locking control unit. OK

2. Remove Drivers side door panel and re-wire all connections as per the diagram

3. Remove Passenger side door panel and re-wire all connections.

4. Feel sorry for self after electric shock :shock:

5. Feel very good that it all works and the pump doesnt need replacing! :)

Another useful post. :roll:

Another unnecessary follow-up comment. :roll:

Maybe I should have been clearer but I didn't go searching for the link as the site doesn't actually cover the 16v Corrado specifically. I was hoping for a confirmation from the original poster before I added a link that may have just confused things.