Sign in to follow this  
cvw

missing my corrado

hey all am in spain at the moment really missing the car , and this bright white focus diesel estate makes me feel like a taxi driver. so i thought that when i come back for summer i will bring my corrado along . does anyone have any good advice for a long journey like this and what precautions are good/bad .

My corrado and my old mk2 gti made the trip fine even my aircooled van has done it twice .

Cars are made to be driven and aslong as you check all water and oil before you shouldnt have any probs.

Where in spain are you and what corrado have you got 'cos g60's dont really seem to enjoy the hot weather, i'm amazed at the differance here in the cold.

Also i got to say the mechanics there are crap and people WILL bump your car when parking (well thats my experiance from the costa blanca) , they just got different prioritys there.

Good luck with it.

I drove to chazg60s house in Costa Blanca in my rado and it's an awesome drive , the one bit of advise I would give is make sure you get European breakdown cover!

it will be los alcazares in the costa blanca . i think thats right. my whole family lives out here . the car is 1.8 valver . would you recomend driving through france or gettin the ferry to north spain and doing it that way. congratulations on the promotion walesy.

wes

I have done it through france and from santander. Personally i would say go through france. Some of those straight roads through northern france are a delight especially round Le mans providing you keep out of the jean dammes way...

But are you going to see the cars or those nice austrian women you mention on coupehaus!!!!

Looks like it could be a great site by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

would you recomend driving through france or gettin the ferry to north spain and doing it that way

I'd deffo drive through France, it's a great experience, and i'd much rather be on the open road in a rado than on a ferry!

Like I said, if you have euro breakdown cover then you have no worries, just enjoy the journey.